Monday, January 25, 2010

Signs Point to Art


I just finished our new sign. This is a view from the first floor of our building.

There is a furniture store/interior design company on the first floor called Design Works at Washington Antiques. The sign hangs above the banister for the stairway. The small gallery is located on the second floor and dispays Giclee reproductions of all my fine art paintings. Hopefully this sign will draw more people to the gallery!

The sign was designed by our intern Steve and I on the computer then Steve transferred the design to wood. I then hand painted it with Acrylic paint and liquid silver leaf on pine wood. The sign was cut and beveled by my brother-in-law Dave. Thanks Dave! The sign is painted identical on both sides.

This was a fun project and a nice break from corporate work.

No comments:

Post a Comment