Monday, May 10, 2010

Carnivals of Illustration

It was a ton of fun to be invited back to the Learning Carnival for the 5th year in a row! The Learning Carnival is for the gifted and talented students of Morris County schools. I think they allow kids from grades 3 to 5. The workshop I present is on illustration. I run three sessions of 18-22 kids. It's non-stop, but it's a blast. I walk the kids through the process of creating an illustration and then they draw using some old reference shots I took years ago that I lay out for them. I love what they come up with. Some really beautiful pieces of some animals and landscapes and some very creative pieces stretching way past my imagination.

My sister Barbara is one of the other presenters and she gives a workshop on Chess, which I've heard is very popular. I wish I could learn a few moves. She's the one who got me involved in this carnival years ago.

I'm scheduled to give a similar workshop at the Teen Arts Festival at the County College of Morris May 21st. I'm really looking forward to that. I think it may be my 4th year at the festival. The Teen Arts Festival is aimed at High School Students in Morris County.

Here's a few shots of my workshop.

 
My Niece Robyn shown blow in the foreground was able to join in the fun this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment